Written by a pre-eminent travel writer and bursting with invaluable advice, this inspiring and practical guide is a must for anyone who has ever yearned to turn their travels into saleable tales. Packed with insider hints and tips, practical writing exercises and examples of travel writing excellence, this guide helps you bring the dream job of Travel Writer within scribbling distance of reality.
- The secrets of crafting a great travel story
- How to conduct pre-trip and on-the-road research
- Effective interviewing techniques
- How to get your name in print (and money in your bank account)
- The quirks of writing for newspapers, magazines, online and books
- Extensive listings of writers' resources and industry organizations